Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Multiple file upload based on a dynamic table - Need help

aghani006
7 - Meteor

Hi guys

I am building a workflow where I need to have dropdowns / file upload forms on the basis of excel rows. So if there are 5 rows then we need to have 5 file upload boxes, if there are 6 we need to have 6. The rows in the file can vary. Is it possible to configure the alteyx to have this dynamically on the basis of excel rows ? if not whats the solution ? can it be done through custom tools ?

aghani006_0-1602856207009.png 

aghani006_1-1602856456176.png

8 REPLIES 8
TrevorS
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hello @aghani006 

From what you have provided this isn't currently possible as you cannot have interface tools within containers.

If you can please provide more information about this use case, the Community may be able to help out more.

Thanks!

TrevorS

Community Moderator
mbarone
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Sounds like chained apps might be the way to go, but it's difficult to tell with the limited amount of information given.

aghani006
7 - Meteor

in case of chained app how can we have dynamic number of dropdowns ? 

aghani006
7 - Meteor

We have a workflow which allows the user to upload one file and within a click of a button it does data cleansing transformation etc. The problem is that user can have multiple files and instead of opening the app, and running the workflow for every file one by one, we want to have a solution where user can upload any number of files and get the output for all them.

mbarone
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

In that case I think a batch macro would do the job.

I'm assuming that the data cleansing process is all the same, irrelevant to the actual file they're uploading.  The idea is to create a batch macro with an input tool and the control parameter updating the input file.  The user would then upload a list of file paths for their files and the app would read in that list of files, and perform what's in the batch macro for each file.  

aghani006
7 - Meteor

Thanks for your reply.

So i suppose there's no way to have dynamic no of upload button right ? The only reason i want to go down this path is that it makes it easier for the end user and also faster since they dnt have to prepare an excel file of all filepaths. 

Will it be doable through custom tools ? Can we develop custom interfaces for analytical app through python/html SDK ?

mbarone
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

I don't have experience with the SDKs, but through the normal interface and designer tools, not one that I can think of.

aghani006
7 - Meteor

ok thanks.

Labels