Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Multiple excel worksheet in the same excel workbook

albert_alaluf
9 - Comet

Hello all,

I have around 33 inDB data sources on my workflow, different schemas. At the end I'm streaming out to my desktop, then same excel file, but in different worksheets.

So far I tried;

- Reporting tools: table, layout, render

It works, however due to render issues, I messed up. I have a output with 2 files and up to 20 fields. When I use reporting tools, because of render, it will align to the same size worksheets which it is ugly.

- Blocked until done

It will not work. All outputs are individual.

- Parallel Block Until Done and Wait A Minute: 

It is not working. Whatever I do, it sounds weird, but it looks like it is trying to write to excel is already open. I see first 3 outputs are fine, than failing on a couple of them, and a few good ones. This order may change every time I run. Then I added wait a minute tool, setup as 2 seconds. It takes hours to finish.

I do not have any other solutions or methods to complete this project. The reason I'm writing this to hear other possible solutions those I'm missing.

Thanks in advance

1 REPLY 1
FloraF
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi Albert, 

Please see the link below with an example on how you can create the output in excel. 

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Discussions/Render-Tool-with-Multiple-Sheets-but-O... and check out the solution posted by DavidP

This is a good example on how you can create multiple sheets within the same Excel workbook. 

Please keep in mind, if you have more than 1 million data records, then you will get an error because the max lines of data excel can handle is 1 million records. You will have to write the data out to .csv file instead.

**If this solves the issue, please click on the like below and mark as solved** thank you!

Labels