Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Multiple emails for reporting

Deevi
8 - Asteroid

Hi,

There is a workflow relating to a school. The school has 20 Classes (let us denote these by A, B, C, D and so on). I have to create a workflow that sends out an email report weekly to the respective Class Teacher with relevant student data. 

Overall workflow:

1. There is an input tool that gives full school data.

2. ?? Filter tool that says Class = "Class A"  ??

3. The set of tools that create my report (the format remains same for all classes)

4. Sending out 20 emails with different recipient (being the respective Class Teacher)

The issue is that I do not want to put 20 different filter tools in #2 and then repeat all #3 tools 20 times to send out email. I want to make the canvas efficient so that in some way I can use the same set of tools in #3 to generate 20 different reports with different recipient.

Please advise if there is any way.

Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
randreag
11 - Bolide

hi @Deevi 

According with your explanation, you need a Batch Macro to accomplish this.

Batch macros usually receives 2 entrys in your case could be 

1. Just the list of the classes 

2. all your data with the emails for each class

and inside the macro you have to create the workflow how it will be just for one class and then convert this as a batch macro by making the data entry a macro input.

Batch macros works like a bucle, it takes the info one by one for each class in the list and do everyhing is inside the macro  so you will be able to send the mails independently

if you never have worked with macros it will be a little hard to undesrtand everything I put here.

if you send a small sample of your data I can help you to build just the structure of the macro

Deevi
8 - Asteroid

@randreag Thank you for your reply and apologies for my late response.

I have indeed never worked with macros. Attaching a sample of data and would appreciate your help in building the structure of the macro.

Please let me know if I should provide any more information.

Regards

Labels