Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Multiple cross table in one view

Srini_Advik
7 - Meteor

Hi Experts,

I would need help to populate 4 cross tabs in one single view. Please refer attached desired output.

All cross tabs have different Record IDs with headers coming in as Text.

All records have different row and should fit in the same view. should not extend beyond one page when Rendered to a PDF.

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
ChrisHe
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hey @Srini_Advik ,

Is it possible to provide some sample data you're working with so I can make this more tailored to your use case? In general though you would need to separate out your data into the 4 cross tabs you need with Filters or via batching in the "Table" tool in the Reporting palette. Happy to take a look if you can provide to give more guidance on the path I'd take.

Once you have the data separated into the four tables reporting snippets we can use the "Layout" tool under the Reporting palette or the "Visual Layout" tool under the Lab palette to arrange the tables before rendering to PDF.  Let me know if this helps and if you can provide more detail on your source data.

Srini_Advik
7 - Meteor

Hi @

With My apologies.

Due to confidential data i would not be able to provide the workflow or the data. Kindly request you to use some random data to prepare the workflow with your suggestion and provide me the workflow.

danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Hi @Srini_Advik 

Here's the basics of how you would do that

WF.png

You start by add in the table header as text to each table.  The you join the first 2 tables horizontally and then take these snippets and join them horizontally.

Results.png

The ability to fit on one page depends on the number of rows that you have in your data.

BTW.  It's customary to provide some sample data when asking for help.  We're all volunteers here and any thing you can do to make our job's easier makes it much more likely to get an answer

Dan

ChrisHe
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@danilang  nice solution! I created something similar though it uses the batching capability of the reporting tools to make the Tables all at once - the main consideration there is you'd need to create a field that indicates which Table each record belongs to.

@Srini_Advik I'd recommend looking at both of our solutions along with this link to our Intro to Reporting session

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Videos/Introduction-to-Reporting/td-p/47216

priyaarisetti
7 - Meteor

Alteryx1.PNG

 need to add two tables without any gap. what options need to change in configurations. Please help. i am struggling from past one week.

Labels