Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Multiple columns with the same name

BradBaker
7 - Meteor

Is there a way to give the same name to multiple columns?  For instance, I have a total of 1,000,000 in the Total column, then five columns to the right that each have 200,000.  I would like to add 10 columns that are all labeled % of Total.  The Mutli-Field tool allows me to add % of total as a prefix or suffix, but not as a stand alone label.

4 REPLIES 4
Thableaus
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @BradBaker 

No, it's not possible. But a Workaround is to add extra whitespaces in each column.

Example: % of Total , % of Total  , % of Total   , % of Total    , % of Total     

Cheers,

BradBaker
7 - Meteor

Thanks @Thableaus .  I will try that.

CharlieS
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@Thableaus is correct that you cannot have duplicate field names within Designer. However, you can have duplicate field names in a Layout. If you use the Table tool to create a formatted table, you can duplicate field names there. I've added an example of this in the workflow you shared.

BradBaker
7 - Meteor

Thanks @CharlieS .  This is going in a report, so it will work for my purposes.

Labels