Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Multiple columns with same header

henrygeorge
8 - Asteroid

Hi 

I have multiple columns with the same header ie Age 

My output is in such a way that its Age_1 Age_2.how do not have such an output and change all Age_9,etc to just Age Header

4 REPLIES 4
Assaf_m
11 - Bolide

Hi,

You can use the "Select" tool to rename a column but each column should have a unique name.

fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @henrygeorge ,

See attached workflow to see how that can be done.

The idea is to load your file once again and do the process as showed in the example.

Let me know if that works for you.

Best,

Fernando V.

henrygeorge
8 - Asteroid

@fmvizcaino the problem with this is that the input and output has a row with F1, F2, etc. I just want my existing columns to change to Age without the unique ID Age eg Age_2. Please help 

fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @henrygeorge ,

If your output is an excel file, you can do as I have shown you. The output data tool has a configuration to skip field names so your F1,F2 will be skipped and the column name will be Age for all.

fmvizcaino_0-1574189956069.png

Alteryx doesn't accept identical column names and automatically rename as you have seen. The solution I provided is for excel only.

Best,

Fernando Vizcaino

Labels