Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Multiple XML files to input and get data into tabular format

Naseema_shaik
5 - Atom

Hi, I have multiple XML (Like 1000)files and with different data and I am not sure how to input multiple XML files and get the complete data in to a proper tabular format. I did looked in to some of the solutions but I am confused and no getting on how to get these. It would be great if some can help with getting the attached XML files in to tabular format in alteryx. Thank you so much in advance for your help. I am attaching here 3 different formats If I have a workflow where it works for any format would be preferred and if it is not possible I have look through the solution created for these 3 and work on accordingly. 

3 REPLIES 3
TheOC
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

hey @Naseema_shaik 

Just want to know more about your use case, to work out what solution works best.

Are all of these XML files needing to have different processes occur? What is your plan with these XML documents?
The reason I am asking is that you may want to use a couple of different options. We can use a batch macro to ensure the same process happens to each row/set of the data. We can also bring all of the data in and union it together using a batch macro, if required. 

Cheers,

TheOC

Bulien
MoinShaikBasha
7 - Meteor

@TheOC T

Naseema_shaik
5 - Atom

@TheOC The main goal is to pull in multiple XML files and parse the data in to a tabular format based on their headers and then output the consolidated data in to a CSV/excel file.

Labels