Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Multiple Tables in a Single Dataset from the PowerBI Output Tool

Kyra_88
5 - Atom

Hi All!

I'm looking for some help with the PowerBI Output tool.

My question is - How can I add multiple new tables to an already existing Dataset in PowerBI (the Dataset being initially created from Alteryx)?

I can easily use the PowerBI output tool to create a Dataset and tables on the first run in Alteryx. However, once that dataset and tables are created, I can't then can't upload a new table to the same existing dataset.

Any guidance anyone can give would be helpful!

Thank you!

Ky

2 REPLIES 2
QuantumViridis
7 - Meteor

Anyone know?

Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@Kyra_88 
Myself did not really use this tool but at the help page, there is an option as below.
Maybe you can try it?

https://help.alteryx.com/20214/designer/microsoft-power-bi-output-tool

To work with an existing dataset, select it from the list of existing datasets, and in the configuration panel Options tab, choose an operation to perform:

1. Append—appends new rows to the existing dataset. 

2. Overwrite (keep existing columns)—deletes existing rows (all records in the dataset) and adds new rows to the table as per given input. The input column names are ignored, and the structure of the existing schema will not change. 

3. Overwrite (update columns)—updates existing schema by an input structure and adds new rows to the table

Labels