Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Multiple Schema Inport

danchips24
7 - Meteor

Hi,

I built out a macro in order to import multiple excel files with different schemas. It works very well when dealing with multiple excel files but I cannot get it to work when it is multiple sheets within an excel file. Can anyone help? Macro and work flow are attached. Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
Thableaus
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @danchips24 

I noticed you're using the Dynamic Input Tool. This tool doesn't work if you have different schemas within your file.

The secret here is to use the same List Sheet of Names you used but instead create the Full Path + Sheet Name with the Formula Tool, using the Replace function.

See screenshots that might help you out:

Replace3.PNG

Replace2.PNG

Replace1.PNG

Cheers,

DiganP
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@danchips24 You can use this excel macro to import multiple excel files with multiple schemas.

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Engine-Works-Blog/The-Ultimate-Alteryx-Holiday-gift-of-2015-Read-Al...

Digan
Alteryx
suby
11 - Bolide

Hi Thableaus,

I followed the steps and I managed to Input wo files. with different schema which is - FIle1  with two worksheets and File 2 with Two worksheets.

Say if my file 1 and file 2 has 3 worksheets and I want to import only the first two sheets from file 1 and file 2 what should i do ?

Labels