Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Multiple Row field

Ragini1
8 - Asteroid

Hello Everyone,

I am trying to learn Alteryx and have one question related to the Multiple row field.

There is a situation where I need to find out if S1:S2 is 1:1 mapping or N:1 mapping. Can you please help me as to how I can obtain the result.

Please find screenshot

Ragini1_0-1594414909543.png

3 REPLIES 3
cplewis90
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

Hey @Ragini1,

Welcome and you chose a good tool to learn! One thing that helped me as a sidebar is the Academy section of the community! So much great content there!

I took a different approach than the multi row. I leveraged a summarize tool to identify how many S1's are associated to S2 and then created a field using a formula tool to identify a 1:1 or N:1 mapping.

cplewis90_0-1594416646049.png

DavidP
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @Ragini1 

I wouldn't use the multi-row formula for this purpose. Yes, you can compare values for multiple rows, but you have to 'hard-code' the tests and do it row by row.

For your purpose, I would use the Summarize tool, making use of the Group by option in this tool.

The idea is to create groups of the unique values of S2 and then within each group, you can count the number of unique S1 values or display them all.

Here's an example and workflow attached.

DavidP_1-1594417291302.png

jarrod
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Hi @Ragini1 ,

As a leader in the Alteryx Community, I have the ability to identify & mark accepted solutions on behalf of community members - and recently did so on this thread. If you have any questions or concerns with the solution(s) I selected please let me know by replying to this post.

There are several ways to accomplish this and seeing that there wasn't a defined required output stated, i'll go ahead and mark both responses as solutions.

As the original author, you also have the ability to mark replies as solutions! Going forward, I’d encourage you to identify the solution or solutions that helped you solve your problem, as it's a big help to other community members. Learn more about Accepted Solutions here.

Thank you!

Labels