Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Multiple Queries should run but one after the other

Reddy4
7 - Meteor

Hi,

I have 15 queries to run one after the other. First query should output to a table and this table will be used by the second query. This repeats until the fifteenth query, which uses 14th output table. I used multiple Block until done to achieve this.

Further steps in the workflow are as follows

Step 1: Used Interface tools so that user can enter Name 1 and Name 2 (Parameters to be passed in all the queries)

Step 2: Passed the parameters to the Dynamic Input Tool 1. This Input tool pulls the data using the query.

Step 3: Write this data to Output Table 1

Step 4: Pass the Parameters to Dynamic Input Tool 2. This input tool has a query which uses Output Table 1.

Step 5: Write this data to Output Table 2

I kept on repeating the same steps for all the 15 queries. But as it contains lot of data, Alteryx workflow stops running (it shows that it is running but it doesn't write to the second table itself).

1. I want to know if there is a way to clear the memory of the  Dynamic input tools once the data is written to the table so that designer will have memory to run further steps in the process?
  2. As I used each dynamic input tool and its output tool in containers. Can it be achieved using enabling/disabling the containers?
  3. Is there a better process to achieve this?

Thank You

Reddy4_1-1627073215312.png

3 REPLIES 3
apathetichell
18 - Pollux

Have you tried an iterative macro?

Reddy4
7 - Meteor

@apathetichell  I haven't. Can you please give me a sample workflow. Also can you include a check to validate that the number of records received from the input is equal to number of records inserted into the output table before continuing with the second query?

I appreciate your help! Thank you

apathetichell
18 - Pollux

post some data and what you are trying to do and i'll see what I can do...

Labels