Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Multiple OR criteria in Filter Tool

Ballama6
6 - Meteoroid

Hello All! 

I'm using the Cass Parse and CASS tools to find address mismatches between our customer account information and USPS addresses via the CASS tool. I've used the PARSE ADDRESS tool on our account addresses to single out each section of the address. Now I'm comparing the CASS data to this parsed list field by field. 

I'm using the filter tool with the following formula to find all records that do not match on any one of these criteria, however, the filter tool is yielding all records in the True output and zero records in the False output. As much as I'd like to say our address information is already that accurate, I know this is not correct. It's as if I'm using AND and not OR. 

[CASSParse_Range]!=[CASS_AddressRange] OR [CASSParse_City]!=[CASS_City] OR [CASSParse_PreDirection]!=[CASS_PreDirection] OR [CASSParse_PostDirection]!=[CASS_PostDirection] OR [CASSParse_StreetName]!=[CASS_StreetName] OR [CASSParse_SuiteName]!=[CASS_SuiteName] OR [CASSParse_SuiteNumber]!=[CASS_SuiteRange] OR [CASSParse_Suffix]!=[CASS_Suffix] OR [CASSParse_State]!=[CASS_State] OR [CASSParse_Zip]!=[CASS_ZIP] OR [CASSParse_Plus4]!=[CASS_Plus4]

I'm sure this is a quick fix and I'm just way overthinking this. Any suggestions on what I might be doing wrong?

Thank you!

Mark Ballance

3 REPLIES 3
kat
12 - Quasar

Hi @Ballama6

Given how many OR criteria's you have, the odds of each row matching at least one seem high (depending on your data of course).

If you want to check for things that do not match on any criteria, as you said, you need to use AND. AND would always return less matches than OR.

Hope that helps,

Kat

TravisR
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hey @Ballama6 Have you looked into the CASS_Results field? CASS attempts to fix/standardize dirty addresses and any changes to the initial data will be noted in the CASS_Results field.

Here's the documentation for deciphering those codes. https://help.alteryx.com/2018.2/CASS_Results.htm

Utilizing the codes in this field should more or less reveal the same thing but is a bit easier to work with.

Ballama6
6 - Meteoroid

Hi  

Labels