Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Multiple Lookups returning one value

Gaetano_B
8 - Asteroid

Hello and thanks in advance for helping. 

I need a multiple lookups returning one criteria, example below. Any suggestion? I know I could use a formula but the list of values is very extensive hence I was looking for an easier solution.

i.e. if derived stage is equal to "Inactive Lifecycle", Overall Status is equal to "Inactive Lifecycle - Pending Information" and Stage With is equal to "Client, Client Owner" then return Mapping Value "0. Not Started"

Gaetano_B_0-1576775039056.png

Thanks very much,

Gaetano

7 REPLIES 7
Jean-Balteryx
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hi @Gaetano_B ,

You could use a table containing values for "Mapping" and matching criteria then join with your data using the criteria as join fields.

Do you want an example ?

Kind regards,

Jean-Baptiste

Gaetano_B
8 - Asteroid

Thanks Jean, yes please could you please provide me with an example.

Jean-Balteryx
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

@Gaetano_B ,

I attached the example workflow.

Basically, the idea is having a reference table containing your cases and then, using a join, match your criteria in the data with the ones in the references and get the "Mapping" that matches.

Don't hesitate if you have question or need more details.

Kind regards,

Jean-Baptiste

Gaetano_B
8 - Asteroid

Thank you Jean-Baptiste, very helpful.

I have tried what you advised, It works fine however for whatever reason the mapping is only picked up on 351 records instead of 9,722.

Any idea why the remaining records are not being picked up?

Jean-Balteryx
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hi @Gaetano_B ,

Could you share your workflow so I could check why it happens ?

Kind regards,

Jean-Baptiste

Gaetano_B
8 - Asteroid

Hi @Jean-Balteryx 

please see attached an example.

As you can see the data file contains over 14,000 records however after the join I'm only able to see 662 records.

Jean-Balteryx
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hi @Gaetano_B ,

Can you send the sources files as well please ? I can't run the workflow without them.

Kind regards,

Jean-Baptiste

Labels