Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Multiple Filters on a Large Data Set

nwilder
6 - Meteoroid

Hello

I have a large file of monthly data which comprises of Debit/Credit Amounts for 9 different companies and an average of 20 Ledger Accounts per company.  See portion of Excel Pivot Table below:

nwilder_0-1627046548015.jpeg

The first step for working with this data is to filter on each specific company/ledger account combination and to copy/paste that data to a new tab in the relevant Reconciliation. 

With there being 210 combinations (yes, 210 different Recs), this is a hugely time consuming first step that I was hoping to automate using Alteryx. 

I could use the Filter tool hundreds of times to complete this task but that seems inefficient and overwhelming to the workflow. 

Do you know of any other more efficient tools/combination of tools that I could use for this?

Thanks for your help.

6 REPLIES 6
atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @nwilder 

You can create a variable sheetname by contacting account and sub-account. Then configure output tool to change sheetnames using the column. Refer to the below highlighted configuration.

Workflow:

atcodedog05_1-1627047369875.png

Hope this helps : )

nwilder
6 - Meteoroid

This looks great!  Unfortunately I get the error below when I run:

nwilder_0-1627050553800.png

Any ideas?  

JagdeeshN
12 - Quasar
12 - Quasar

Hi @nwilder ,

Can you please share a sample workflow with this error.

Best,

Jagdeesh

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @nwilder 

Sorry, i missed the response. Remove sheet name from formula and name formula as sheetnames.

atcodedog05_0-1627056731681.png

Try to mimic like below.

atcodedog05_1-1627056813434.png

Your formula would be

ToString([Company])+"-"+ToString([Ledger_Account])

Hope this helps : )

nwilder
6 - Meteoroid

Problem Solved!  Thanks so much! 🙂

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Thats great 🙂 Happy to help 😀 @nwilder 

Please don't forget to mark the helpful replies as solution 🙂

Labels