Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Multiple Filter and Tagging the data with speific

jerry2
5 - Atom

Hi Everyone, I am pretty new to Alteryx. I have a quick question about multiple filter tagging. I have report that generates monthly that has a missing column in the data set. There are multiple columns of data that need to be filtered to find key words so that i can tag the information. For Example, There is a row in my data set, i need alteryx to go look for key words from my lookup table first in the Description column if found tag appropriately, if not go to the Service Type column if found tag appropriately, if not go to the Partner column and tag appropriately. What is the best way of doing this. I want to try and avoid formulas as much as possible for streamline purposes. 

Data Set

DescriptionService TypePartner
Joe SAPPlumbingSAP _AG
Dan MSConstruction 
Phil AlteryxTrucking Alteryx
Joe (Hanna)Trucking  

Lookup Table

Lookup TableTag
HannaSAP
SAPSAP
MSMicrosoft
MicrosoftMicrosoft
HannaSAP
AlteryxAlteryx

FInished Data Set

DescriptionService TypePartnerNew Tag Column
Joe SAPPlumbingSAP _AGSAP
Dan MSConstruction MS
Phil AlteryxTrucking AlteryxAlteryx
Joe (Hanna)Trucking  SAP
3 REPLIES 3
CarlDi
Alteryx
Alteryx

hi @jerry2

I attached a workflow that can help you get started. A Find Replace tool might be the best bet.

Hope that helps!

danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

hi @jerry2

@CarlDi's solution is a good start, but it only parses the Description column.  Here's an expanded version that parses the 3 columns in turn and tags the rows that have not yet been tagged.  Note that I added new data rows to your sample and new lookup rows to the table to handle all the cases  In your initial data set all the rows were tagged using the Description column so the extra columns were never referenced

solution v2.png

Dan

jerry2
5 - Atom

Thank you this did help my Data set 

Labels