Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Multiple Field Search Macro

wzhu717
8 - Asteroid

Hello, 

so i am trying to create a user form so people can search item from this marco. i want it able to search one item and not the other. in my macro below i have to put in all conditions in the text box for the filter function to work, is there a way to just search by particular item. if i only want to search first text box, all item match the first text box will show up and if i want to use first and third text box then it will match first and third. i think i might just need to use a container but then what formula do i need to put in the action tool? can someone please help?

2 REPLIES 2
jrgo
14 - Magnetar

@wzhu717 

See if the attached is what you're looking for. I updated the filters to use custom expressions instead of the basic filter option. I also updated the action tools to update using a formula which will replace the expression in the filter with 1=1 if no value was entered in that text input field. if there is a value, it'll simply replace the string "test" with the string entered by the user.

wzhu717
8 - Asteroid

Hi @jrgo this is exactly what i am looking for. thank you so much for you help.

Labels