Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Multiple Field Search Macro

wzhu717
8 - Asteroid

Hello, 

so i am trying to create a user form so people can search item from this marco. i want it able to search one item and not the other. in my macro below i have to put in all conditions in the text box for the filter function to work, is there a way to just search by particular item. if i only want to search first text box, all item match the first text box will show up and if i want to use first and third text box then it will match first and third. i think i might just need to use a container but then what formula do i need to put in the action tool? can someone please help?

2 REPLIES 2
jrgo
14 - Magnetar

@wzhu717 

See if the attached is what you're looking for. I updated the filters to use custom expressions instead of the basic filter option. I also updated the action tools to update using a formula which will replace the expression in the filter with 1=1 if no value was entered in that text input field. if there is a value, it'll simply replace the string "test" with the string entered by the user.

wzhu717
8 - Asteroid

Hi @jrgo this is exactly what i am looking for. thank you so much for you help.

Labels