Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Multiple Calculations

Fescobar
8 - Asteroid

Hello Everyone,

I hope that you all had a great weekend. 

I have been banging my head on my keyboard for a few days now trying to come up with what I had to do in Excel in Alteryx.  Unfortunately, I had to resolve to using Excel because it was taking longer that it should have.  I wanted to see if this is even a possibility.  

This is a quick explanation to what the columns mean.

$ # WE MM/DD/YY = Sales Week Ending Month/Date/Year

$ % Chg YA # WE MM/DD/YY = Sales Percent Change Week Ending Month/Date/Year

9L EQ # w/e MM/DD/YY = 9 Liter Equivalent Sales Week Ending Month/Date/Year

9L EQ % Chg YA # w/e M/DD/YY = 9 Liter Equivalent Sales Percent Change Week Ending Month/Date/Year

Avg Unit Price # w/e M/DD/YY = Average Unit Price Week Ending Month/Date/Year

Avg Unit Price % Chg YA # WE w/e M/DD/YY = Average Unit Price Percent Change Week Ending Month/Date/Year

The attached file has the work I did in Excel and I would like to be able to replicate this in Alteryx because I already have a formula that combines two different sheets.  I am adding the different weeks and converting numbers percentages to come up the values on the second sheet. 

This is a process that I will need to tackle pretty often in the future and it would be great to do the calculations in the same workflow I am using to join the two datasets I am working with.

Thank you!!

Fausto

2 REPLIES 2
TrevorS
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hello @Fescobar 

Can you please let me know if you are still having this issue?
If so, please include a copy of your Alteryx workflow so the Community can see what you have tried, and troubleshoot from there!
Thanks!
TrevorS

Community Moderator
Fescobar
8 - Asteroid

Hi .@TrevorS

Unfortunately, I don't have anything on Alteryx.  I all honesty, I didn't know where to start.  I looked into creating a formula to SUM up all the fields I need but that didn't pan out.  I then tried using the Summary tool and that didn't do much for me either it...I uses "+" in between each of the values and all it was concatenate all of them.

I'm sorry, but I don't have very much to go on.

Thank you in advance for the assistance!!

Fausto

Labels