Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Multiple Batch Macros feed another Batch Macro

stapuff
9 - Comet

I have the results of 2 batch macros that I want to pass to another batch macro.

The top (black) batch macro returns 2 values (A & B)

The top (blue) batch macro returns 2 values (X & Y) 

I want the these values passed to the bottom (blue) batch macro.

Connect2.PNG

The 2 values from the black batch macro update the left 2 control parameters.

The 2 values from the blue batch macro update the right 2 control parameters.

The Text input contains columns A,B,X,Y

Stage1.PNG

How can a second input be added to the the bottom blue batch macro to accept the values from both of the top?

Your thoughts are appreciated.

Puff

5 REPLIES 5
Christina_H
14 - Magnetar

Append your outputs together. You'll have a single data set containing A, B, X, Y that you can feed into the macro through a macro input tool.

stapuff
9 - Comet

@Christina_H 

I appreciate the response back and already employ what you suggested in a different part of the workflow.

I am not against using the macro input, but was interested to see if anyone was able to figure out how to have multiple connections on a batch macro with the use of control parameters.

Thanks,

Puff

Christina_H
14 - Magnetar

@stapuff without macro inputs the macro only has one anchor, so can only accept one connection. If you prefer not to use a macro input you can still append the two outputs into one and connect it to that anchor.

stapuff
9 - Comet

I appreciate the confirmation "without macro inputs the macro only has one anchor, so can only accept one connection."

Puff

Christina_H
14 - Magnetar

@stapuff  Compare to tools like Union that can accept multiple inputs.  You'll see that the input anchor is different.

Christina_Hurrell_1-1636544845610.png

Labels