Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Multiple Batch Macros feed another Batch Macro

stapuff
9 - Comet

I have the results of 2 batch macros that I want to pass to another batch macro.

The top (black) batch macro returns 2 values (A & B)

The top (blue) batch macro returns 2 values (X & Y) 

I want the these values passed to the bottom (blue) batch macro.

Connect2.PNG

The 2 values from the black batch macro update the left 2 control parameters.

The 2 values from the blue batch macro update the right 2 control parameters.

The Text input contains columns A,B,X,Y

Stage1.PNG

How can a second input be added to the the bottom blue batch macro to accept the values from both of the top?

Your thoughts are appreciated.

Puff

5 REPLIES 5
Christina_H
14 - Magnetar

Append your outputs together. You'll have a single data set containing A, B, X, Y that you can feed into the macro through a macro input tool.

stapuff
9 - Comet

@Christina_H 

I appreciate the response back and already employ what you suggested in a different part of the workflow.

I am not against using the macro input, but was interested to see if anyone was able to figure out how to have multiple connections on a batch macro with the use of control parameters.

Thanks,

Puff

Christina_H
14 - Magnetar

@stapuff without macro inputs the macro only has one anchor, so can only accept one connection. If you prefer not to use a macro input you can still append the two outputs into one and connect it to that anchor.

stapuff
9 - Comet

I appreciate the confirmation "without macro inputs the macro only has one anchor, so can only accept one connection."

Puff

Christina_H
14 - Magnetar

@stapuff  Compare to tools like Union that can accept multiple inputs.  You'll see that the input anchor is different.

Christina_Hurrell_1-1636544845610.png

Labels