Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Multilayered header_transposed to to the records

ksotirovska
5 - Atom

Hello,

I am fairly new to Alteryx, and right not I am attempting to transform a table with multi-layered header. i.e. transforming structured table into a flat file.

Basically, the headers contain data value of the desired output. Below I am attaching both input and desired output data.

Can anyone help me with this?

So far, I have attempted with ARRANGE (and came up with nothing), and also isolating the header with DATA RECORDS and then TRANSPOSE and MULTI ROW and afterwards  concernating it with SUMMARIZE , but all I come up with is elaborate header and my data is still captured there. 

Thank you!

Input data

clipboard_image_1.png

Desired output (just for record no. 1)

clipboard_image_2.png

4 REPLIES 4
OllieClarke
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi @ksotirovska I've attached a packaged workflow which does what you're after here:

clipboard_image_0.png

The first browse tool has the data in this format (which I think is preferable): 

clipboard_image_0.png 

The second browse tool has the data in your requested format, but I don't believe that this final step is necessary

clipboard_image_1.png

ksotirovska
5 - Atom

Hi @OllieClarke , thank you for the prompt response! 

Only, the version of the file is not compatible to the version of Alteryx I have (and cannot update it due to my company licensing restrictions).

The version I am using is 19.1.4.57073. 

I have tried to downgrade the file as per instructions given here https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Knowledge-Base/Adjusting-Alteryx-Files-for-Differe..., but all the characters inside are displayed as scrambled.

Can you downgrade the file on your end?

Appreciate it! 

Thank you once again!

OllieClarke
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

hi @ksotirovska here's a packaged version and an unpackaged version too. Hope that works

ksotirovska
5 - Atom

It worked perfectly! Thank you

Labels