Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Multilayered header_transposed to to the records

ksotirovska
5 - Atom

Hello,

I am fairly new to Alteryx, and right not I am attempting to transform a table with multi-layered header. i.e. transforming structured table into a flat file.

Basically, the headers contain data value of the desired output. Below I am attaching both input and desired output data.

Can anyone help me with this?

So far, I have attempted with ARRANGE (and came up with nothing), and also isolating the header with DATA RECORDS and then TRANSPOSE and MULTI ROW and afterwards  concernating it with SUMMARIZE , but all I come up with is elaborate header and my data is still captured there. 

Thank you!

Input data

clipboard_image_1.png

Desired output (just for record no. 1)

clipboard_image_2.png

4 REPLIES 4
OllieClarke
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi @ksotirovska I've attached a packaged workflow which does what you're after here:

clipboard_image_0.png

The first browse tool has the data in this format (which I think is preferable): 

clipboard_image_0.png 

The second browse tool has the data in your requested format, but I don't believe that this final step is necessary

clipboard_image_1.png

ksotirovska
5 - Atom

Hi @OllieClarke , thank you for the prompt response! 

Only, the version of the file is not compatible to the version of Alteryx I have (and cannot update it due to my company licensing restrictions).

The version I am using is 19.1.4.57073. 

I have tried to downgrade the file as per instructions given here https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Knowledge-Base/Adjusting-Alteryx-Files-for-Differe..., but all the characters inside are displayed as scrambled.

Can you downgrade the file on your end?

Appreciate it! 

Thank you once again!

OllieClarke
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

hi @ksotirovska here's a packaged version and an unpackaged version too. Hope that works

ksotirovska
5 - Atom

It worked perfectly! Thank you

Labels