Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

[MultiRow Tool] How to detect wrong arrays in columns?

Joker_Hazard
11 - Bolide

Hello Everyone..

I have a doubt about the multirow formula tool. Regarding this image..

Joker_Hazard_0-1614972635794.png

I am trying to create a formula that validates if the array contains the same number, three times in a row. If the array contains only one or two rows, then it needs to report which banking account has issues.

I already was able to determine a few parameters for the creation of this array, but I have no clue on how to create this next step.

Maybe using another tool? 

Thanks everyone!

4 REPLIES 4
Emil_Kos
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @Joker_Hazard,

Can you share what is the expected output? 

Joker_Hazard
11 - Bolide

Emil,

To give you the context... 

Lets talk about transactions. All transactions that enter in the system (Example: Book transfer) after being received, it MUST be blocked (represented by "BALANCE BLOCKED") and afterwards it needs to be unblocked (represented by "BALANCE UNBLOCKED").

What I did was to create an array with those three steps Book transfer receivable -> Blocking -> Unblocking.

However, there are a few drawbacks in the system and sometimes a transaction is not blocked therefore, not unblocked. So what I need is a workflow that detects this lack of "blocking and unblocking" and reports in a browse tool for example which transactions did not get blocked/unblocked. 

For this reason that I created this extra column called "Novo Campo" with the arrays

clmc9601
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

Hi @Joker_Hazard,

Does this accomplish your goal?

Screen Shot 2021-03-05 at 10.17.20 PM.png 

Hope it helps!

Joker_Hazard
11 - Bolide

It does, thank you very much!

Labels