Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Multi-tab output

krbarnes
5 - Atom

I am having difficultly with a recconciliation report.  It is a simple reconciliation between 2 files.  What I would like to get to is a single output file with 2 tabs from the join. One with the records in File A that were not in File B, and one with the records in File B that were not in File A. However when running the workflow I can only get one to output, and the other gives an error that the file is in use by another process. I'm sure this is a simple step I am missing, I just can't figure out what that is.

2 REPLIES 2
DataNath
17 - Castor

Hey @krbarnes, you could do something along these lines:

• Use a Formula tool to on each of the two Join output streams to add a ‘Sheet1’ and ‘Sheet2’ label respectively.

• Union the two data streams

• Use an Output Data tool, choose a location to save to & filename then in the bottom configuration, select to take table/file name from a field > replace file/table name and select your sheet name field that you created in the Formula tools

Maskell_Rascal
13 - Pulsar

@krbarnes 

Here is another option for you, though I do prefer @DataNath 's method. 

There is a macro built by CReW called Parallel Block Until Done. It does the same thing as the Block Until Done tool with the added bonus of taking two different inputs. Thus allowing you to block one path until the other finishes. You can then write to the same output with no errors. 

If you don't have CReW macros installed yet, I would recommend checking them out. You can find them here: http://www.chaosreignswithin.com/p/macros.html

Cheers!

Phil

Labels