Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Multi row formula

manjarigoyal1975
7 - Meteor

I am looking for the formula where If any region has a value in a column "NewField" then above that row it should be "Value" and below that number, it should be zero. Attached is the spreadsheet and the column "Final result" is what I am looking to get using formula.

Thanks

Manjari

3 REPLIES 3
JosephSerpis
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @manjarigoyal1975 I mocked up a workflow that produces your result I created a new field called "Newfield1" so you can compare your desired output results to the results my formula produces.

MultiRow_200819.png

estherb47
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi @manjarigoyal1975 

You'll definitely want the Multi-Row Formula tool to take care of this, since you're looking to rows before. Set it up so that you're grouping by Region, and set the Values that Don't Exist to "NULL"image.png

The formula itself is a simple IF THEN ELSEIF. If NewField has a value other than zero, then copy it to Final Value. Else, if the previous row has a NewField with a value, set Final Value to zero. Else. if the previous Final Value is zero, then set Final Value to zero. Otherwise, copy the Value column.

Let me know if that helps!

Cheers,

Esther

manjarigoyal1975
7 - Meteor

Thankyou!! it worked.

Labels