Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Multi-row formula with a rank function

legwu
6 - Meteoroid

Hi,

I have a tricky situation where I need to perform a function on certain groups of the data. That is, if I group the data by a unique combination of fields, then I need to rank the values in a certain field and give the rank position.

I have attached an example of what I mean.

In this example, lets say I wanted to populate the 'Rank' column. This would show me which Branch sold the highest/lowest when grouped by Company Name and Code. Is there a multi-row formula I could use to do this?

My initial idea is to create a list of unique groups, run a macro using Filter, Sort and Record ID. Is there another way

Thanks,

Lincoln

4 REPLIES 4
Aaron_Harter
11 - Bolide

Hi @legwu

This is a great use case for the Tile tool, where the Tile_SequenceNum will be your desired Rank:

1.PNG 

RolandSchubert
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hi @legwu ,

I think, Sort tool and Multi-Row Formula tool do the job ...I've attached a sample workflow.

Let me know if it works for you.

Best,

Roland

alts2h
7 - Meteor

Hi

Check attached workflow

legwu
6 - Meteoroid

Thanks for the solutions all, they all work! I have never used the Tile function before, but it is very useful here aswell. Much appreciated.

Labels