Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Multi- row Formula - alphabetical order

bakaidora
8 - Asteroid

Hello All,

I have a question regarding the Multi-row Formula tool.

Before the Multi-row Formula, the data are in the required order but when I use the Multi-row Formula tool, the tool order them into alphabetical order.

Can you please help me how could I get back the required order after using the Multi-row Formula tool?

Thanks you in advance!

5 REPLIES 5
Felipe_Ribeir0
16 - Nebula

Hi @bakaidora 

Could you share your workflow, or at least the print of it and the print of the configuration of the Multi-row formula tool? The Multi-row Formula does not change the order of the rows with the default configuration, i would like to see why this is happening for you.

But if this is happening, i would try to find a way to use the record Id tool before and order by the record Id after the Multi-row.

Felipe_Ribeir0_0-1665834631597.png

Felipe_Ribeir0
16 - Nebula

Are you using the group by option of the multi row tool, right? It is really necessary to use it in your case? If not, just uncheck it.

Solved: Re: Multi-row formula changes sorting - Alteryx Community

Felipe_Ribeir0_1-1665834871778.png

bakaidora
8 - Asteroid

@Felipe_Ribeir0 

Yes I need to use the group by function:

bakaidora_0-1665835879322.png

Felipe_Ribeir0
16 - Nebula

Hi @bakaidora 

Ok, looking at your config, i think that you can adapt the attached workflow to reorder it using tile tool before + order by after the multi row.

Felipe_Ribeir0_0-1665836228354.png

bakaidora
8 - Asteroid

@Felipe_Ribeir0thanks, this was the solution, just one hint, I needed to activate this box, as well.

bakaidora_0-1665837288713.png

Labels