Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Multi line analysis

DerikSadowski
8 - Asteroid

Hello Alteryx Community,

I want to do some comparisons across multiple rows of data, more than what I think the multi-row formula tool can handle but correct me if I am wrong. I have two columns A and (A)^2 for each row. I want to set up: if there is another department part of the same entity and on the same day, I want to get the other row's A (let's call B for the rest of this post to be more clear) and their (B)^2 to be able to have (A)^2, A*B, and (B)^2 on that first row then the same thing for C, D, etc. 

The problem is, there are potentially more than 130 departments a part of an Entity on one particular day.

This way I can compare one department's A and A^2 to EVERY other Department's value if they are on the same day and part of the same entity.

Thank you in advance for any thoughts and help you can provide.

3 REPLIES 3
Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@DerikSadowski 
Maybe you can share a sample input and output so we can take a look. 😁

DerikSadowski
8 - Asteroid

Sure, I have attached some data. In terms of output, it would be something like:

DerikSadowski_0-1659406529901.png

But I will have to do some more analysis on it, so if you have a cleaner way of outputting it then I am all ears.

Kinga
8 - Asteroid

hi @DerikSadowski 

I'm not sure, if I understood you, but I tried to do something: 

Kinga_0-1659424570290.png

Labels