Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Multi-field formula returning null values

MHS
8 - Asteroid

Hello Alteryx Community!

I am having issues with the multi-field tool and my expression returning null values for some rows.  I am trying to calculate the duration between events in seconds and some of the rows are being calculated correctly while others are returning a null value.  

MHS_0-1610648928041.png

I have tried to reformat the change timestamp field into a string and force a date / time format, but nothing has worked.  I am still pretty new to Alteryx so I am guessing that this is an easy fix that someone has encountered before.

Thanks, 

Matt

9 REPLIES 9
messi007
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hello @MHS,

Could you share the workflow with the data in order to help you 🙂 

messi007_0-1610651777527.png

Best Regards,

MHS
8 - Asteroid

I thought I had attached it earlier.  

Let me know if this does not work.

Thanks, 

Matt

Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@MHS 
I assume you are grouping by authors when using multi row tool  so not suprise you get the null value for the last row.

So what is your desired output?

PS: your last share workflow is locked...😕

Qiu_0-1610672841174.png

messi007
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

@MHS,

I agree with @Qiu about the group by.

However could re-share the zipped workflow because the last one is locked.

Best Regards,

MHS
8 - Asteroid

Hi Qiu,

I believe I have uploaded the workflow without encryption so you can access the tools.  

I am attempting to sort by the user ID column so that I can measure the duration from task to task (old and new status) to determine how much time was spent in a certain status.  The output would contain a new column with the "Duration Seconds" listed for all the status's where the user ID column matches from row to row.  Where the user ID column does not match would indicate a different user and should not be calculated and removed from the data set through the issue ID match multi-row formula.

There may be an easier way for me to get my hands on this and if so please share what your approach would be.

Hope this help and thanks again for all the help!

Matt

messi007
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

@MHS,

We still canc't see the data. Could you please attache it.

messi007_0-1610720673087.png

Regards,

MHS
8 - Asteroid

Hi messi007,

I have attached the sample file for the workflow.

Thanks for all the help!

Matt

messi007
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

@MHS,

Please see below. The problem is the data type because the number of digit in result in second number is big.

messi007_0-1610721916098.png

Please let me know if it's okay 🙂

Attached the workflow.

Best Regards,

MHS
8 - Asteroid

That was it, thanks so much for the help!

I thought the Int16 would accommodate the length of the duration, but obviously it will not.  

Thanks, 

Matt

Labels