Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Multi field comparison

SMjali
5 - Atom

Hi all,

I am new to Alteryx and I need to make a workflow that test whether a pair of fields match or not.

For example say I have two tables:

ABC
11221egx100
11082fhd300

and 

EF
11221egx100
11082fhd300

what I want is :

ADMatch BEMatchCFMatch 
1122111221TrueegxegxTrue100100True
1108211082TruefhdfhdTrue300300True

Any help with this will be great.

2 REPLIES 2
wdavis
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @SMjali 

In this instance, do you need it to match all 3 fields in the individual tables? If so, you could use a join tool which is set to match A&D, B&E and C&F. Then all data that has matched will come out of the J output, whilst anything that hasn't matched and is False would fall out of the L/R output anchors.

You can then use a Union Tool to bring these data sets altogether after assigning them a 'Match' Value in a Formula tool. I have now attached a workflow that would replicate this.

Let me know if this works for you!

Kind Regards

Will

SMjali
5 - Atom

Hi @wdavis ,

This is was my first thought. I just maybe wanted to find out that if there was a way to add the Match column in there, to verify that for those two fields we have a match. 

Thank you for the assistance. 

Labels