Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Multi field based calculation

Inactive User
Not applicable

Hi all,

I want to calculate new column based on existing columns, for example i hv columns

Col1,col2,col3,col4,col5,col6.......

New col calculation criteria matching with col1 value then i need to pick value from col4, same with col2 then col5 and so on, is this possible through multi field tool ?

Can anyone help ?

4 REPLIES 4
OllieClarke
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi @Inactive User you could use a normal formula tool for this, but a better approach (I think) is to use a record ID and a transpose tool (using recordID and Col1 as your key fields). You can then filter to where [Value]=[Col1] and join it back onto your data using the RecordID.

Hope that helps,

Ollie

Inactive User
Not applicable

Hi @OllieClarke 

Thanks for your revert, i am sharing a sample data set and snapshot, I have 40 column of Morning, Day and want to calculate 40 columns of Afternoon with a formula (can check in afternoon columns), Can you help to resolve this issue ?

AltGuru_0-1669221064331.png

OllieClarke
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hey @Inactive User 

I've made 2 solutions, a dynamic one which will map out the 3 columns no matter how many types there are (e.g. if you got a day9 and a morning9 it would work)

Or a much simpler static solution - where you will always have exactly 8 of day and morning

OllieClarke_0-1669223810107.png

Hope that helps,

Ollie

Inactive User
Not applicable

Thanks @OllieClarke this worked for me.

Labels