Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Multi-Threaded Download

mdata
8 - Asteroid

Alteryz 10.0 it says it supports multi-threading for the download tool. How do you enable it? I see the setup right now it’s making sequential HTTP request instead of multi-threaded mode.

8 REPLIES 8
jdunkerley79
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Go to the Connection settings of the download tool and you can set the Maximum Connections to download multiple threads at once.

download.jpg

mdata
8 - Asteroid

Thanks! Can it you do it for a single file? For example, I’m taking record (row) from a file of 10000 records and making http request using the download tool. Is it possible for it take 32 records at time instead having 32 inputs?

mdata
8 - Asteroid

Thanks! Can it you do it for a single file? For example, I’m taking record (row) from a file of 10000 records and making http request using the download tool. Is it possible for it take 32 records at time instead having 32 inputs?

jdunkerley79
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

COuld you read the entire file into Alteryx in one go and them process?

If you can post your workflow happy to take a look

mdata
8 - Asteroid

Attached are the workflow and the macros. I would like to create a loop when reading from a file and process x number of records and append it to a file and repeat the process until all records are done. For example, I have 46 records in this file then it takes the record and creates a json array and uses the download tool and writes to a file. I would like to process 5 records from the files at time instead all 46 records them process them and append to the results file. Ideally I would like this to be muli-threaded, if not I can process it as a batch records of 5 at a time.  Thanks!

mdata
8 - Asteroid

I can use the select tool to select the first n records. I would like to repeat it until all the records are processed and append it to a single file at the end.

jdunkerley79
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Having taken a quick look, you can use an iterative macro to batch it up.

I threw together but havent tested an iterative macro as a start for you

Samples first 10 and passes to download, then loops while still content. Msacro will batch together the outputs.

Hope it helps

mdata
8 - Asteroid

Thank you.

Labels