Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Multi Row formula? Formula to decide which ROW to keep

pohrt
7 - Meteor

I guess this is a beginner question but I cannot get this sorted:

I have a table that always has a pair of rows (BEFORE and AFTER). Depending on the entry in "CHANGES ACCEPTED" I need a new Excel Sheet with the outcome.

• I would like to check if the Excel really has row 2, 4, 6, 8, ... as "BEFORE" and rows 3,5,7,8, .. as "AFTER"
  • then (for each pair)
    • IF in ROW "AFTER" the "Changes Accepted" is EMPTY then I want to keep the "BEFORE" ROW
    • IF in ROW "AFTER" the "Changes Accepted" is NOT EMPTY then I want to keep the "AFTER" ROW

This is my Excel

Multi_ROW_01.JPG

This is what the result should look like:

Multi_ROW_02.JPG

Thanks already so much for you help.

Petra

5 REPLIES 5
AngelosPachis
16 - Nebula

Hi @pohrt ,

I've mocked a workflow that answers your question. I've split your conditions into Condition 1 and Condition 2 respectively, the former included in the formula tool and the latter in the mutli-row formula tool.

AngelosPachis_0-1608588326645.png

Finally, with the filter tool, you only keep the records that satisfy both those conditions.

Hope that helps, let me know if you have any questions in the workflow.

Regards,

Angelos

Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@pohrt 

Appreciate your clear logic.

20201222-pohrt.PNG

Tyro_abc
11 - Bolide

Hi @PO

I added one "After" without corresponding "Before" to check if we can find the missing record issue. 

arundhuti726_0-1608607282654.png

The final result would be like this.

arundhuti726_2-1608607464660.png

pohrt
7 - Meteor

Thank you so much for the quick reply.

I adapted this to my Excel Sheets and it works really well!

pohrt
7 - Meteor

That is very good too .... I will add this check ....to then be able to go back and see what is wrong.

Thanks very much

Petra

pohrt_0-1608608975830.png

Labels