Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Multi-Row and Multi-Field Formula using RecordID in IF THEN ELSE Statements

PNau
7 - Meteor

Looking to write an IIF THEN ELSE Statement based on one field, then assigning value in another field for a specific RecordID, without creating too many extra columns of data.  I learned how to use Row+1 type of formulas, but not seeing how I can write a formula yet to pull in a value from a specific record id for a specific field.

3 REPLIES 3
LordNeilLord
15 - Aurora

@PNau

Can you provide an example of what you are trying to do?

PNau
7 - Meteor

Looking to learn how to leverage RecordID when writing formulas, with a mix of using multiple rows and fields.  Really would like the formula to reference a specific RecordID to pull a different field value in an if then statement.

PNau
7 - Meteor

I am going to close out this help request...I just do not see a way to incorporate RecordID similar to Row-1 formula's...just trying to get better at Formulas and will accept I do not know how to short cut combining multi-row and multi-field formulas at my level, if even possible without some macro.

Labels