Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Multi Row Tool - Setting an End Date with Consecutive Dates

frank6773
8 - Asteroid

Hello,

Been staring at this simple workflow, trying to fix it, for too long.  I'm sure it's very simple what I'm missing.

Looking to add an End Date column where it is null if the next row is a consecutive date for that person, otherwise it is just the time off request date.  Basically, trying to create a calendar entry using start/end dates for one solid window when they are consecutive dates.

Here's the expression I tried and for some reason it will not set the 2 values equal to each other even though I know they are:

IF DateTimeAdd([Row+1:TIME OFF REQUEST DATE],-1,"days") =[TIME OFF REQUEST DATE] THEN '2099-01-01' ELSE [TIME OFF REQUEST DATE] ENDIF

I actually just want the THEN part null but I thought maybe it needed a date instead, nothing was working.

Thanks in advance for your help, I just love the community!

2 REPLIES 2
Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@frank6773 
I marked the part I made modifications.

DateTime is tricky, so I forced the format.

Capture5.PNG

frank6773
8 - Asteroid

Thank you so much!  I thought I was going crazy, date format looks to be really tricky indeed. 

Labels