Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Multi Row Function on 1000 Columns

Jswartz5
6 - Meteoroid

Hi All,

I am trying to use the multi row function like I would in Excel. For all columns I need to bring down the the first row of data to other other rows based on column A "Record ID". 

I have attached the file. Please let me know how this can be done!

Best,

Jackie

6 REPLIES 6
ChiN
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @Jswartz5 ,

Can you provide the results with dummy data to show the output you want to achieve?

Thanks!

Jswartz5
6 - Meteoroid

@ChiN Here is an example of what I would want the output to be, I only did the first 5 "companies"  since it would have too long to the whole file.

AbhilashR
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi @Jswartz5, attached is one approach that helps fullfill the multi-row calculation across multiple columns. Let us know if this isn't that you are looking for.

AbhilashR_0-1594959990306.png

Jswartz5
6 - Meteoroid

Is there a reason it wouldn't work with my current WF? 

Jswartz5_0-1594961296170.png

I have attached my WF. 

AbhilashR
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi @Jswartz5, it doesnt work due to the empty cells being nulls in my case while they are blank in yours. Modify the logic inside the multi-row formula tool to this and it should work:

IF ISEMPTY([Value]) THEN [Row-1:OUTPUT]
ELSE [Value]
ENDIF

I used ISEMPTY instead of ISNULL function.

grazitti_sapna
17 - Castor

HI @Jswartz5 , try this.

grazitti_sapna_0-1594962372611.png

Sapna Gupta
Labels