Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Multi Row Formulae help ?

SP3000
8 - Asteroid

Hi, i am trying to get the desired output column by all ways but i am unable to get it. Please help.

10 REPLIES 10
JagdeeshN
12 - Quasar
12 - Quasar

Hi @SP3000 ,

The below formula should give you the desired output.

if isnull([Desired Output]) and [RecordID]=1 then [Data]
elseif isnull([Desired Output]) and [ID 2]=[Row-1:ID 2] then [Row-1:Desired Output]
else [Data]
endif

Also attached is a sample workflow to showcase the same.

Hope this helps.

Best,

Jagdeesh

SP3000
8 - Asteroid

I tried running the formula but it didn't work. can you please help?

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @SP3000 

I am bit confused with your input data and output data. Can you please explain how you arrived at the output data whats the logic applied?

SP3000
8 - Asteroid

Firstly, Thank you so much for responding and taking your time out to help. I truly appreciate your kind assistance.

The logic is basis the ID2 col if the id no. is repeating then the data should be updated with the first data of the same ID no. For eg. in ID2 col, ID no 3 & 4 is repeating twice each, so the data/desired output should be updated with Japan for ID2 and Korea for ID4. 

shreyanshrathod
11 - Bolide

@SP3000 ,

for 4 in [ID 2] column, how is 'Korea' getting populated there? Shouldn't it be Australia? 

Similar case for 5 in [ID 2].

Can you please share a separate Input data sample and output data?

Regards,

Shreyansh

SP3000
8 - Asteroid

Yes, you are right but ID2 is the main record id after its grouped. So, i am trying to get the output based of the ID2. ID1 is transaction level which is inaccurate. Please find the attached sample file with input and output in different sheet.

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @SP3000 

This can be best tackled using join tool.

Workflow:

atcodedog05_0-1630310137850.png

Hope this helps : )

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @SP3000 

Or you can you can use find and replace with works like excel vlookup.

Workflow:

atcodedog05_0-1630310298348.png

Hope this helps : )

SP3000
8 - Asteroid

thank you so much @atcodedog05 ..i really appreciate it!

Labels