Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Multi-Row Formula with Dynamic Range, or Batch Macro

Giles
6 - Meteoroid

I'm looking to re-create an XL tool I have (which uses VBA For/Next loops) in Alteryx.

Given a set of A values, of size n, I need to calculate B and C, where:

Untitled.jpg

I've got a solution for calculating B (using a variety of indexing, appending, and multi-row formulae), but I'm wondering how best to proceed with a solution for C.

Is what I'm looking to achieve possible with (dynamic range) multi-row formulae? Should I be looking into batch macros instead?

Assistance would be appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2
ivoller
12 - Quasar

@Giles  This looked like a great test case for macros so I built a flow that way (see below). As to the question re doing it with multi row formulae wtc, I'm sure that someone cleverer than me will come up with a way but the macro solution was fun :-)

2018-09-13_18-04-52.png2018-09-13_18-08-45.png

Giles
6 - Meteoroid

That's terrific, @ivoller, thank you. I have numerous similar scenarios which will require solutions, and I will be developing them using your methodology as a template.

I look forward to being as helpful to other members of this community, as you have been to me.

Labels