Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Multi Row Formula issue

Sousou
8 - Asteroid

Hello everyone, 

I try to use the Multirow formula in my process but i think i don't use it correctly, i can't find how to get the result i want..

This is the kind of data i want to process 

Capture.PNG  

And this is the result i want to have:

FinalCapture.PNG

AS you can see in my workflow the field takes the previous field each time in the column ACCOUNT... i only need the Account number

workflow.PNG

Can you help me about that please ? 

Thank's a lot in advance

5 REPLIES 5
BenMoss
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Is the account always numeric, if so we can just use a regex statement at the end of your current workflow to pull this out.

If not I would propose another method entirely?

Example attached of the regex method.

BenMoss
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

And here is how I would actually approach the problem by amending the multi-row formula tool entirely.

Ben

Sousou
8 - Asteroid

Hello @BenMoss

Thank's for your help, the second solution is the best in my case ! I didn't know about the [Row-1:Group] :P

thank a lot :) !

Sousou
8 - Asteroid

failgroup.PNG

@BenMoss i Have an issue, in fact there is no space between fields in the column account, so when i run the workflow, he assigns the first number to all groups

Cc_1
8 - Asteroid

Please, I need solution to the problem attached. I would appreciate whatever input you can provide. I am trying to attain the part of the workbook that is highlighted yellow while the area to your left not highlighted is the current state. Thanks

Labels