Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Multi Row Formula help

WestonProhaska
8 - Asteroid

I want to create a new column and every time my condition is met with the value of the row directly under said condition. My data is super messy because it's being read from a pdf. There's no other identifiers that would grab those rows of numbers I need or else I'd just use a filter and wouldn't be here. I've included an example of my data and what I would want the output to be if my logic flow isn't clear. 

Here's the logic:

IF row above = "LPartner'scapitalaccountanalysis:" THEN output column = row below ELSE do nothing

AND IF row above = "CapitalContributedduringtheyear$" THEN output column + 1 = row below  ELSE do nothing

AND IF row above = "YOUREFFECTIVEPERCENTAGEIS" THEN output column + 1 = row below ELSE do nothing  

ENDIF

The data repeats every 1000 records or so for 66,000, so all the naming is the same. Essentially I'd want this to repeat for my whole set of data. 

Data                                                      Output column

LPartner'scapitalaccountanalysis:1
mname
Beginningcapitalaccount$5

mm
Capitalcontributedduringtheyear$name 2
YOUREFFECTIVEPERCANTAGEIS 
Name 
LPartner'scapitalaccountanalysis: 
m 
Beginningcapitalaccount$ 
mm 
Capitalcontributedduringtheyear$ 
YOUREFFECTIVEPERCANTAGEIS 
Name2 
2 REPLIES 2
fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @WestonProhaska ,

Attached is an example with the logic you need. I understood your table but the logic was not clear to me, so maybe I oversimplified your problem.

Please, if this is what you are expecting, mark the answer as correct, if not, let me know 🙂

Best,

Fernando V.

WestonProhaska
8 - Asteroid

It took some tweaking because I simplified down the data, but it works. Thank you so much!

Labels