Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Multi-Row Formula Not Generating the Expected Output

crazybeauti_ful
8 - Asteroid

hi, i would like to compare row-1 and row-2 for a specific field in my workflow. my configuration should give me a "yes" or "no" but i am not getting the correct output for some of my data. i've cleaned up my data so there are no unwanted characters. please see details below.

expression: IF IsEmpty([Value]) and [Row-2:Value]=[Row-1:Value] THEN "TRUE" ELSEIF IsEmpty([Value]) and

[Row-2:Value]!=[Row-1:Value] Then "FALSE" Else [Value] ENDIF

appreciate all your help.

thank you.

5 REPLIES 5
atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @crazybeauti_ful 

The possibility is it is checking it as date and hence matching. Can you please provide sample data in excel file we can take a look on developing a workflow.

Happy to help : )

crazybeauti_ful
8 - Asteroid

hi @atcodedog05 , i've attached a sample data. note that the field's data type is v_wstring. the highlighted cells are the actual output of my multi-row formula; the red ones are wrong.

appreciate your help.

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @crazybeauti_ful 

Try this i guess you are trying to reference row+1 and row+2 but referencing row-1 and row-2.

atcodedog05_0-1643799854897.png

Hope this helps : )

crazybeauti_ful
8 - Asteroid

@atcodedog05 that is so weird; i swear i used that same formula earlier but got the same error :-/ it's working now; thank you very much!! :)

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Happy to help : ) @crazybeauti_ful 

Cheers and have a nice day!

Labels