Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Multi Row Decisions Making

wkyehple
5 - Atom

Hi! I'm not sure if this is the right place for this, but I'm a new Alteryx user trying to use it to determine the current owner tasks. I've included an example below with some dummy data and the my desired result, but I'm struggling with the best approach. When the initial data is generated, each task become several lines with information regarding each task assignment (ex. line 1: Task 1, Prep, 100%; line 2: Task 1, Reviewer, 0%). Ultimately, I'd like Alteryx to determine the lowest person in the assignment chain who has 0%. 

I've tried using the formula tool and  "if and" functions, but I'm not sure how to tackle the duplicative task/multiple row portion. Is there an efficient way to get this that I'm missing? 

1 REPLY 1
DataNath
17 - Castor

How does this look @wkyehple? It filters down to only records with 0% 'Closed Task Assignment' (need to remove % and make this a number first), then from those remaining, it sorts the order from smallest to largest and only takes the top 1 from each 'Task Title':

DataNath_0-1653436799558.png

Labels