Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Multi-Row Comparison

cmford
5 - Atom

I receive a file twice a week listing shipments and expected arrival dates. I have a workflow to process the data and identify rows where the data changed from the last file. As many as four fields of data may have changed. I am trying to find a way to identify which field(s) changed, what the original value was, and what the new value is. The screen capture shows an example of the data I am working with showing a field with changed data. Any thoughts on how best to do this?

2 REPLIES 2
Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@cmford 

I suppose we can do a transpose for the Columns requiring for comparing, which should be dynamic.

If you could update some data, I can provide a sample workflow, I believe. 😁

grazitti_sapna
17 - Castor

@cmford  You can achieve this by using mix of Transform tools. If you can share the workflow and input file with expected output I can help you with workflow. If no then I would suggest you can use transform or cross tab for this. Cross tab is generally used when you want to change the vertical data to horizontal and Transform is used for vice versa.

Sapna Gupta
Labels