Alteryx designer Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer.
Alteryx is here to help you solve your biggest data challenges. Read about the new Virtual Solution Center here.

Multi-Row Cleaning

Highlighted
5 - Atom

Hello,

I am working with a twitter data set and some of the individual tweet information was carried over to the following row. Where 23231320 should line up, the 73 should line up, and the other two following in those null spaces. Pretty much, the 4 nulls in row 45 should be replaced with the 4 values in row 46.  It appears at random throughout the entire data set.  "73" is the only consistent value throughout the data set.

This being said, I am hoping someone can help me clean up this issue. Please help! 

Annotation 2020-02-12 141749.jpg

Highlighted
Alteryx Certified Partner

Hi @Jay_Koda ,

Attached is an example showing how to do it.

My idea was to identify the columns that differ based on the null value in last column.

fmvizcaino_0-1581536618259.png

Best,

FErnando Vizcaino

Highlighted
5 - Atom

Thank you, but this seems to only work for the one record rather than multiple records that are random throughout the data set

Highlighted
Alteryx Certified Partner

@Jay_Koda ,

I've created more lines to the example and it worked like a charm!

Take a look and let me know if this works for your data as well.

Best,

Fernando Vizcaino

Highlighted
5 - Atom

The formula tool dividing/round/multiply to get matching recordID's was not working for me. This being said, I replaced this with a multi-row formula tool and wrote a conditional statement to replace the recordID with the following row ID if a Null was present. 

Thanks for the advice and help!

Labels