Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Multi Monitor Configuration causing Config window to disappear

BrendanSheridan
7 - Meteor

I have been using Alteryx for quite a while now and have recently upgraded to 11.5, however I have been noticing this problem since about version 10...

I use a three monitor setup with a mobile workstation and like to un-dock the various windows over all three monitors. This gives a great view when working on complex projects as you can see everything that is going on at all times. However, when I am with clients presenting results, I am down to using just the laptop display or am projecting to a screen. If I forget to re-dock the various windows (which happens a lot, so please don't tell me I need to remember to re-dock as, experience dictates, that is not going to happen) I loose the configuration window completely. Even when I go back to the multi monitor environment, I cannot get it back. 

A work around is to "Restore Defaults", but this mean having to set everything back up again, for example, my favourites, colours and data locations, which is a bit of a pain. I appreciate this is a small problem, but I am wondering does anyone else suffer from this, or am I unique in my "pain"!

Many thanks

2 REPLIES 2
patrick_mcauliffe
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

Your situation is not unique.  I reported that a few releases back as well.  Submit a ticket to support so they can measure the impact and prioritize a fix.

mdtatum
5 - Atom

Go to your Display settings. Under the Multiple displays section, switch to 'Show only on 1'. This should bring the window back to the main screen and you won't have to reset your default settings. From there you can turn 'Extend these displays' back on.

Labels