Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Multi-Field formula

Inactive User
Not applicable

I am trying to understand the multi-field formula tool a bit more.

Why can't I change the data type in this tool? And why is it that I can for a multi-row but not a multi-field formula?

8 REPLIES 8
PhilipMannering
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

You should be able to change the data type in the multifield. Can you share a workflow or screenshot where you are finding this is not possible?

Inactive User
Not applicable

msoe4142_0-1605773358527.png

Here is a screenshot. I am in the multi-field formula tool and unable to change the data type. It selects by default. Is there any other tool with this restriction?

PhilipMannering
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

You can tick "Change Output Type to" to change the datatype here. Most tools (with the exception of those that have a Select configuration) will not allow you to change the datatype (including the Formula Tool)

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @Inactive User 

Check these options

atcodedog05_0-1605773553617.png

Hope this helps 🙂

Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@Inactive User 
Check this.

Capture2.PNG

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @msoe4142 

Since i responded with the same solution before and since you are allowed to mark multiple post as solution.

Can you please mark mine too 🙂

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Happy to help 🙂 @Inactive User 

Cheers and Happy Analyzing 😀

Feel free to reach out if you face any other issues 🙂

Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@Inactive User 
You are nice person.