Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Multi Field formula help

veekay
7 - Meteor

Hi ,

I am trying to add a column in which value of the rows would depend on one of the variables . I have attached a sheet wherein I want the final result as column H.  I have managed to get column G using a multi field formula but am unable to get Column H. The value of column H depend on the following :

- the reservation id is the same and total revenue of Hotel Code 'Package' >0 then it is a "Paid Package" 

- the reservation id is the same and total revenue of Hotel Code 'Package' =0 then it is a "Free Package" 

- There is no Hotel Code 'Package' then it is 'No Package'

I tried to use the multiplied formula with logic grouped by Reservation id, as below but it seems to change only the row+1 to Paid package, for eg. and the rows further remain with the same value.

IF [Reservation ID] = [Row-1:Reservation ID] AND [Row-1:Package Detail]="Paid Package" THEN "Paid Package" ELSE [Package Detail] ENDIF

Please guide if there is a better way of doing it

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
LordNeilLord
15 - Aurora

Hey,

I think there is an easier way of doing this:

• Using Summarize, sum the total by Reservation ID and Hotel Code, then filter on "Package" only.
  • Add in your logic as above using the formula tool
  • Join this back to your original dataset
  • Anything that comes out of the left side of the join is "no package"
  • Union the left & join back together
  • Test Package.PNG
veekay
7 - Meteor

Thank you @LordNeilLord. It is exactly what I was looking for.

Labels