Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Multi-Field Selection Using a Macro

Koji_B
8 - Asteroid

I am trying to build a macro that takes two inputs. The first is the main data, and the second is a list of fields to select within the main data (all others should be removed).

Creating a batch macro doesn't work as the output of each batch unions below each other (see attached pics). I am also unable to create an iterative macro as i need to iterate through two input files.

Does anyone have any ideas?

6 REPLIES 6
AdamR_AYX
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

You need a batch macro inside a standard macro and make sure you only pass a single record to the control parameter input of the batch macro.

Take a look at Dynamic Formula in the CReW macros for a very similar example.

Adam Riley
https://www.linkedin.com/in/adriley/
BenMoss
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

I think you maybe over-complicating this when thinking about batch macros.

Here is how you can achieve this using a standard macro.

Ben

Koji_B
8 - Asteroid

Hi Ben,

Please would you send me some screenshots.

I am unable to open your workflow as my workplace uses an older version of Alteryx to yourself.

Many Thanks,

Koji

BenMoss
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Check out this blog on how to downgrade and Alteryx workflow :)

Ben

https://theinformationlab.co.uk/2018/07/12/downgrading-alteryx-workflows/

Koji_B
8 - Asteroid

Hi Adam,

Unfortunately the security policy in my workplace does not allow me to download the CREW macros so I am unable to check. Can you send me a screenshot instead?

Best Regards,

Koji

Koji_B
8 - Asteroid

Thank you very much.

Both your solution + the guide showing how to downgrade workflows are extremely useful!

Labels