Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Multi Field Filter

Istwineres
8 - Asteroid

I have 6 columns on 4 of them there could be rows with same value. My goal is to filter on the last 2 columns and keep the rows with values (it could be one or both columns) and discard the rows with empty field. In case there are rows with just empty fields in the last 2 columns keep one of them. Many thanks!

9 REPLIES 9
Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@Istwineres 
Can you kindly provide a sample input and output?

mot
11 - Bolide

Hi @Istwineres,

It looks like you want to have unique combinations of the 6 columns you have. If that is the case, you can concatenate the columns and use unique tool to have only 1 unique combination for the six columns. After you do that, you can use text to columns tool to get the six columns separated again. Please see the attached workflow. I hope this helps.

All the very best!

Istwineres
8 - Asteroid

A    |      B    |    C     |     D     |     E     |     F    |     G

-------------------------------------------------------------------

a    |       b    |     c     |      d     |      e    |     f     |     g               <--- keep this one

a    |      b     |     c     |      d     |      e    | empty| empty

x    |      y     |     z     |      w     |     q     |    l     |  empty          <--- keep this one

x    |     y      |     z     |      w     |     q     | empty| empty           

1   |     2      |   3      |      4      |      5     |empty |empty            <- if unique keep this

afv2688
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hello @Istwineres ,

Since it seems you want to avoid sharing as much information as possible (which is totally fine 🙂 ) I tried to get something as dynamic as possible with my own rules.

Hope it helps you.

Regards

Istwineres
8 - Asteroid

the 5th row in my example should be kept in the output since it is unique

afv2688
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hello @Istwineres ,

If you would like the order to be kept then this should do it, but in both examples the unique records are kept.

Untitled.png

Regards

mot
11 - Bolide

Hello @Istwineres,

I understand your problem better now. This workflow should do the trick.

Screen Shot 2021-02-22 at 9.36.31 AM.png

I have attached it as well. I hope this helps.

Istwineres
8 - Asteroid

It seems the right approach but still doesn't work on my input file. The template is the same I managed to write in the original post

Istwineres
8 - Asteroid

Why the join only on A B C and D columns?

Labels