Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Multi Factor Authentication - Email Output Tool

Chasebalke
6 - Meteoroid

Hello!

I am trying to send out reports to end users with the email output tool at the end of my workflows. I got clearance from IT, and have the correct SMTP, port, and Windows credentials. The problem, however, is that the email server is rejecting my sign-in because it could not complete the company mandated MFA. We use Microsoft 365 for email if that helps...

Is it possible to configure this within Alteryx? My IT team has told me there is nothing they can do on their end, and that the "problem" is with Alteryx.

If not, I'm thinking of using power automate or some other free tool but was hoping to do this all in my Alteryx workflows. Any insight is appreciated!

4 REPLIES 4
Felipe_Ribeir0
16 - Nebula

Hi @Chasebalke 

This workflow will run inside Alteryx Server? I am asking it because i had a similar problem here with local machines (it still unsolved unfortunately), but if the Server is properly configured, you will be able to send emails using a config like this one:

Felipe_Ribeir0_1-1666888665370.png

Chasebalke
6 - Meteoroid

@Felipe_Ribeir0 Like you, my error is specific to running the workflow on desktop designer on my local machine. Unfortunately, this is the only way I have to run workflows at the current time.

Luke_C
17 - Castor

@Chasebalke 

For me, I also get errors if I am remote and not on VPN. If I'm in the office or connected to VPN it works fine, could that be part of your issue?

Chasebalke
6 - Meteoroid

@Luke_C 

This is a good thought, but I don't think this is the issue. I have only tested on premise directly signed into our enterprise network, and that's where I am getting this error. I have not tried remote while connected to VPN, but I don't expect a different result. I will update this post if it works in testing.

From everything I can tell in doing more research, I would need to set up a relay, which is a little beyond my understanding right now.

Labels